Sunday, November 6, 2011

First look: L.A. Noire

First look: L.A. Noire

So I did end up staying up till midnight, by 11:00 I almost didn't make it because of the stupid movie my hubby picked out for us to watch. It was suppose to be a comedy but I didn't laugh at all, the whole time I was thinking wtf.. why is this a move..
But ANYWAYS I made it to gamestop for the midnight release of L.A. Noire and there was a pretty good amount of people there, but since the store is so small I waited in the car till I saw people walking out with the game. Although I got the game at midnight I didn't play it till this morning (I think all the anticipation wore me out).
This game is amazing, I love how they made the characters more realistic. When the characters talk their mouths go with the movement, no I mean like real people talking, not just their lips moving up and down, and their facial expressions are also easy to read. Knowing that this is a detective game and all it was really important to have that element in the game to make it fun for player and I think Rockstar did a really good job on that.
In the beginning of the game you play as   Cole Phelps who was an ex- marine (the game shows pieces of his past after certain events in the game) who became an LAPD officer and later a detective. The whole point of the game is to go around solving cases by finding evidence, and questioning witnesses. One thing I like is that that game gives you certain ques to when your done with the scene and what is a clue. For example when the investigation music stops that means you have found all the clues. When you here a faint chime sound or your controller vibrates that means your near a clue and you can pick it up and manipulate the object by using the L stick(and you do have the option of turning off those features if you want a little challenge). Of course you don't have to remember what you found because you are supplied with a notebook that keeps track of everything you found and everyone you talked too, and later that can help you question others. Another thing I am so happy about is when your driving to your destination you can ask your partner for directions. He will tell you to keep going straight or take the next left, etc. I love that so much, I can't tell you how lost I got when playing Grand theft auto or Mafia II.
When you interview or interrogate people you have the option of telling they they are telling the truth, lying, or you doubt what they are saying, and the cool thing about that is paying attention to their reaction, I caught a guy who wasn't looking me in my eye when he answered my question so automatically I was like hmmm this dude is lying. When you level up you get intuition points which is like a cheat. You can use it to help you find all the clues, or eliminate some of answers so you can say the right answer more accurately
When your riding around with your partner there will be times where cops will radio in certain investigations, you can choose to take the call  or not depending on how you want to play the game, but it is a good way to get some experience and up your rank.
This game reminds me so much of Dick Tracy, the narrator in the background the scenes... just the overall look. when solving cases it becomes serious, and you have to pay attention very closely. I feel so glued to the t.v. when playing this game, I see nothing else around me when I'm playing this game. I love solving puzzles, and CSI type stuff so I will have so much fun with this game.... let's see if I can platinum it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

japan video games games game download video game pc games pc games download