Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Borderlands: Review

Borderlands: Review


I believe this Borderlands has won game of the year on the video game awards a couple years back, but if I'm wrong then I do know that it has had alot of  great reviews and I can't believe that I doubted this game knowing how much I like RPG's, but I think it was the first person shooter part that threw me off.... that's why. I already beat this game twice (once solo, once co-op), and I'm going for my third time around to get my platinum trophy... Yes I...AM...getting...my...trophy.
I love the cel- shaded graphics, I feel like everything pops with all the color vibrancy, and it never made the game boring.

Another thing I adored in this game is the humor from hearing the bandits talk to little disclamers about certain main characters:
 





The character selection was ok, you at least got a character that fits your need:  you have your soldier (Roland) that specializes in all weaponry and is very good with support for the team (ammo regeneration, health regeneration). Brick is of course good with his hands and rocket launchers (big man... big guns). Lilith is good with elemental damage and when combined with her phasewalk ability can corrode, explode, and ignite those non G.E.D having bandits. And of course besides the girl my favorite character is Mordecai. He specializes in snipers, revolvers (and oh man can a revolver get any job done in minutes), and his trusty pet bloodwing which can no doubt save your life in very very hostile situations.
The story is pretty straight forward, a guardian angel (which later on you find out is a satellite in orbit branded by hyperion) is guiding the vault-hunters into obtaining all the vault pieces and and finally opening the vault after 200 years. What's inside I'll leave a mystery, but you would kind of expect a sort of ending.I have completed 2 of 4 downloadable content for this game and of course the one I liked the best was the Robo-lution with the ninja-assassin claptrap. In this content the cute little claptraps whom were being abused by the bandits lash back and create everyone as claptraps (meaning everyone having "trap" as a suffix to their name so I guess I would be Kelli-trap):



 In the end you fight a super-sized gi-nourmous claptrp, and after that fell to my revolver of course you fight the real ninja assassin claptrap a regular size claptrap that was no match to my revolver:


 I didn't so much care for Dr. Ned's Zombie Island, but I figure it was made because zombie games are becoming popular. Straightforward the story is about a guy named Dr. Ned who apparently turns everyone into zombies and such, and it did include a pumpkin head man, werewolves,  Frankenstein, and bats which all fell with the couple shots from my revolver. So we of course we have to go and kill Dr. Ned and everyone is saved... yeeeea. At one point I did have a problem with one of the werewolf bosses only because he was so freakin' fast but again... he did fall to my revolver.
I am halfway through to beating this one. I defeated general knoxx and all but the main part to complete is to beat a boss who is at level 61 (which is also the last boss to help me aquire my platinum trophy). I'm level 49 so far and I will for sure press on to beat him. In this content you ride vehicles mostly and I'm not very fond it because it's just plain annoying. Sometimes your hunk of vehicle gets stuck and you have to run another mile to find another "catch-a-ride"
station powered by scooter (get you one).
Last but not least (may I say it's the one I play the least) is Moxxi's underdome. It's a tournament that has 3 levels that are 5 rounds, 5 waves each. If you like just going around shooting people this is for you but it got really boring to me and I got really pissed when I lost and it set me back 2 rounds. After a few rounds there are handicaps like: no shields... only shotguns work, enemies health regenerate, and other bs, but I will complete it one day just so its another accomplishment under my belt
Did I tell you how much I love revolvers????

No comments:

Post a Comment

japan video games games game download video game pc games pc games download